Lovely antique American 1830- 1850 sewing box, coffin. Beautiful wood with silk and velvet lining!
We are offering an antique sewing kit , Etui with five pieces in a wooden box measuring about 5” high x 7.5” wide x 3” deep.
* Wood two tone inlaid box, serpentine shaped lid, ring opener
* Ornate sterling repousse handled scissors 3.75"
* Ornate sterling repousse etui needle case 3"
* Ornate sterling repousse handled steel pointed tool 3.75"
* Sterling thimble, # 8 (different design)
* Key - not working , nice to have it
* Removable green velvet embroidered pin cushion 3"
* Hidden compartment, ribbon tab for lifting
* A few things left in the bottom (see pictures)
* Silk stuffed pillow under the lid.
* I will include paperwork with the family names this was handed down to
The kit rests on a lovely green velvet lined with white celluloid unserts (?), which can be removed for a larger compartment underneath. The velvet has a wonderful pattern.
The kit itself is a beautifully detailed sterling silver pieces with the functional portions in steel.
This piece is the perfect addition to any collection.
Good condition with expected age related wear. Lock is missing from the top, little piece of veneer missing. Just discovered that someone, many years ago, used tape on the corners to hold the silk stuffed pillow under the lid. This is a still a rare beautiful sewing box!
Silver- Sewing Kit(BRL)